st: RE: graph matrix

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: graph matrix
Date   Wed, 14 May 2003 13:54:50 -0500

Thanks a lot. I played around with it for a while (including getting rid of those missings) and found that I have to transform x2 from int to float, the problem solved. However note that x3 also has int format. Just don't know why this is happening. Could anyone else give me more input on this? Really appreciate

One of the missing values in x2 might contain the invalid character for
a numeric variable -'-. I would check the obs reported missing.

Daniel

Two problems about stata graphing function.

1. It is much slower than version 7, which is probablydue to its calling of ado files.
2. Some problems with graph matrix?

I want graph matrix of a set of variables, and I used both graph7 ..., matrix and graph matrix, but the graph matrix didn't work. It seems to be related to a particular variable, but I don't see why.

**********
. graph7 x1 x2 x3 x4, matrix

. graph matrix x1 x2 x3 x4, half
2795' invalid name
invalid syntax
invalid syntax
r(198);

. des x1 x2 x3 x4

storage display value
variable name type format label variable label
-----------------
x1 byte %9.0g
x2 int %9.2f
x3 int %9.0g
x4 float %9.0g

. sum female mcit3 cit9 fel

Variable | Obs Mean Std. Dev. Min Max
x1 | 308 .3474026 .4769198 0 1
x2 | 306 20.95098 26.26862 0 133
x3 | 308 21.07143 25.8195 0 214
x4 | 308 3.190877 .9872379 1 4.77

It seems there is some problems related to x2 as I played aroudn with different variable set, but don't see why. Need your help and thansk in advanced.

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/