st: access to environment vars. in windows

From   Gregory Branch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: access to environment vars. in windows
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:49:12 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

The programming manual for V.7 SE lists an extended
macro function for accessing the values of system
environment variables by name from stata code. The
text in the manual indicates that this is available in
both Windows and Unix.

To make a long story short, I have a common routine
that I need to respond to a machine-specific
parameter, and it would be vary nice if I could get at
a the windows environment variables.

I have experimented with the syntax (there are no
examples in the manual), and have had no luck. The
online help does not seem to cover this.

I would greatly appreciate anyones thoughts on this.

Regards,

Greg