Re: st: update swap still fails

From   "Danielle H. Ferry" <[email protected]>
To   StataList <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: update swap still fails
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:31:41 -0400

I finally moved from Stata 7 to Stata 8 about a week ago, and -update swap-
appeared to work fine for me. The old version remains in my Stata folder - I
was unaware it was supposed to be moved automatically to the trash.

On 4/11/03 11:42 AM, "David Airey" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> That's because -update swap- was fixed in the new update so you won't
>> see
>> any improvement until after this update.
>
> Oh. I thought this was the executable update which would not fail.
> Maybe I was confused because there were in between ado updates.
>
> After two more failed tries and reinstallations of the jan executable,
> the next finally left the new executable as statase.bin, and the update
> query worked. But strangely, the old version was not moved to the trash
> in the finder window (new and old versions were visible, but with same
> creation dates). I then trashed the old version and _both_ went to the
> trash. I looked in the trash and both were _not_ there, just the new
> statase. So there really is something odd going on with window updates
> in OS X or statase's use of those routines.

Danielle H. Ferry
National Bureau of Economic Research
365 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10016