re: st: 100% faster graphics

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: 100% faster graphics
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:29:08 -0500

I previously posted, complaining about the speed of graphics:

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)
r; t=0.01 10:05:16

. qladder mpg
r; t=76.16 10:06:34

. version 7
r; t=0.00 10:06:34

. qladder mpg
r; t=0.73 10:06:35
I now post, using the latest update:

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)
r; t=0.02 12:16:41

. qladder mpg
r; t=34.70 12:17:32

So, indeed, the touted "100% faster graphics" moniker sticks, as what took 1 minute 16 seconds, now takes a little less than half that time.

I hesitate to poke fun by saying "100% less slow graphics", because I enjoy using Stata, wish to congratulate Stata Corp for responding to the speed request in a timely manner, but I will say there is still room for improvement.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/