re: st: update swap still fails

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: update swap still fails
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:42:36 -0500

That's because -update swap- was fixed in the new update so you won't see
any improvement until after this update.
Oh. I thought this was the executable update which would not fail. Maybe I was confused because there were in between ado updates.

After two more failed tries and reinstallations of the jan executable, the next finally left the new executable as statase.bin, and the update query worked. But strangely, the old version was not moved to the trash in the finder window (new and old versions were visible, but with same creation dates). I then trashed the old version and _both_ went to the trash. I looked in the trash and both were _not_ there, just the new statase. So there really is something odd going on with window updates in OS X or statase's use of those routines.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/