st: Simulation of the normal distribution

From   Peter Hayes <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Simulation of the normal distribution
Date   Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:13:01 +1000

Hi
As a new user of STATA can anyone point me in the right direction to run a series of simulations, say 50, 100, 1000, and 10,000 of the normal distribution and to find the confidence intervals and coverage probabilities of the simulated data?  I have managed to do this with the Poisson and binomial distributions but the simulation code for the normal distribution eludes me.  The help feature did not have any meaningful answers.

Thanks

PeterH

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
and are not necessarily the views of NSW Health.