st: Simulation of normal distribution

From   "Hayes, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Simulation of normal distribution
Date   Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:56:39 +1000

Hi
I am a new STATA user and wonder if someone could point me in the right
direction.  I wish to carry out a series of 10, 100, 1000, and 10,000
simulations (to estimate CI and coverage probability)  with various sample
sizes with a known population mean and standard deviation (normally
distributed).  I have managed this OK for the Poisson, binomial
distributions but could not find a suitable ado file by using net search
etc.
Thanks

PeterH
This message is intended for RECEIPT ONLY BY THE NAMED ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please DELETE THIS MESSAGE and notify the sender.  Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Mid North Coast Area Health Service.