st: Problems with psmatch 2

From   "Javier Escobal" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Problems with psmatch 2
Date   Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:35:31 -0500

Can somebody explain me why I obtain different results if I follow these
alterative codes:

If I perform the following instructions:
   clear all
   use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/wooldridge/HPRICE1, clear
   set seed 10
   psmatch colonial, est(  bdrms lotsize sqrft) kernel(price) boot
reps(20) double dot
   set seed 10
   psmatch colonial, est(  bdrms lotsize sqrft) kernel(price) boot
reps(20) double dot

I get exactly the same results in both executions of psmatch.

However if I do the following:
   clear all
   use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/wooldridge/HPRICE1, clear
   gen nn = _n
   sort nn
   set seed 10
   psmatch colonial, est(  bdrms lotsize sqrft) kernel(price) boot
reps(20) double dot
   sort nn
   set seed 10
   psmatch colonial, est(  bdrms lotsize sqrft) kernel(price) boot
reps(20) double dot

I get two different results!! It seems that psmatch does not clean
internal variables appropriately.

Can any one give me a clue?

Thanks

Javier