st: how to get a scalar value of the column sum?

From   Olena Stavrunova <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to get a scalar value of the column sum?
Date   Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:32:08 -0500

Could you, please, let me know how to obtain the scalar for the value of the
column sum? I need the value I get using "egen sum(x)", but not the column of
these values, but just a single number which stata would terat as a scalar.
Thank you.

Olena Stavrunova
S216 Pappajohn
University of Iowa