st: Medians: Comparison and confidence intervals

From   "Banya, Winston" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Medians: Comparison and confidence intervals
Date   Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:33:31 +0100

Dear all,

I am using STATA 6 and want to find out how to calculate the confidence of a
median and also compare 2 or 3 medians. I am aware that version 7 has
facility for the later part of my query but an order to upgrade to version 7
is being processed and I  may not get the copy for another 2 weeks or so.  I
am also aware that I can use the ranksum command for testing the equality of
2 population medians. How different is ranksum or kwallis from the median
command in version 7. And is there any way I can handle this problem of
directly comparing 2 or more medians and finding the confidence interval of
a median with my present facility?

Please help.

Winston Banya
Care of The Elderly Section