Re: st: graphing

From   "Eric Uslaner" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: graphing
Date   Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:45:11 -0400

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has developed a program that will allow
different pen shadings within a single graph (ideally something like
Nick Cox's wonderful sparl, which puts a regression line in a graph).

What I would like is to be able to use different pens or different
symbols for different sets of observations.  E.g., in doing
cross-national regressions, I would like to highlight formerly Communist
countries.  I know that hilite.ado can do this, but it only will do so
for two groups (dummy variables) and won't put in the regression line.
Ideally, what I would like is to be able to highlight different groups
with different symbols and have a regression line in the (single) graph
(regplot gives you separate graphs for each group).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric Uslaner
Department of Government and Politics