Re: st: using invnorm uniform to normalize my liquidity measure

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: using invnorm uniform to normalize my liquidity measure
Date   Tue, 21 May 2013 13:19:42 +0100

A better closure is to explain the solution, at least briefly.

It is dispiriting when the list is treated instrumentally, as just a
way to get personal help in public, with no obligation to explain to
anyone else what the solution is.

Statalist should be treated as a public resource. The ideal is that
exchanges on the list lead to a searchable archive with documented
solutions, not just problems.

Maarten Buis made a guess at what Yori wants to do, which wasn't and
isn't clear to me, so I am happy to let Maarten run with that.

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com