Re: st: creating panel of household surveyed in different year

From   Chamara Anuranga <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: creating panel of household surveyed in different year
Date   Tue, 21 May 2013 16:12:10 +0530

Dear Prakash,

keep id variable in each survey and create new variable to identify each survey.
for the dataset 1
gen svyname1="survey1"
for dataset 2
gen svyname2="survey2"

etc.
now you have 3 datasets. Merge them base on id. check the missing for svynames

egen totmiss=rowmiss(svyname*)

if rowmiss if 0 it mean those household appears in 3 rounds.

Thanks
Chamara