Re: st: theory reg vs. qreg

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: theory reg vs. qreg
Date   Mon, 29 Apr 2013 05:19:03 -0700

If the editor of the Stata journal and a colleague of John Tukey are questioning your claims, I would venture to say:

1. What you claim is clear is about as transparent as mud.
2. Your notational conventions convey information in a way that is known only to you.
3. You want help but are unwilling to provide anyone with enough information to help you.

The members on the Statalist come from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds and different countries, so what may seem clear as day to you can be clear as mud to others.  If numerous people respond to you with the same general line of thought (e.g., the way you are explaining things is unclear), then it is extremely likely that the problem is the way you are describing your problem.  You could help yourself quite a bit if you provided more explicit and detailed information like listserv members continue to request.  In the meantime, you may benefit from reading the Statalist FAQ and follow some of the guidance regarding how to develop questions that are likely to yield responses.

Billy

Sent from my iPhone