Re: st: Cox survival-patients who die at entry

Subject   Re: st: Cox survival-patients who die at entry
Date   Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:18:43 -0400

To expand on Adam's comment:

Estimated coefficients from -stcox- can be affected by the exact value
of the added fraction (e.g. 0.1  vs. 0.5) only if the predictors include
interactions with time. In -stcox-, these are set by the tvc() and
texp() options. In the absence of such interactions, times enter into
the partial likelihood equation only through their rank order.

On the other hand, the contributed (SSC) flexible regression commands -stpm-,
-stpm2- and -stgenreg- are parametric models in time. The estimated
coefficients from these commands can be affected by the exact value of
the added fraction even if the predictors include no interactions with
time.

Steve