Re: st: Cox survival-patients who die at entry

From   Adam Olszewski <adam.olszewski@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Cox survival-patients who die at entry
Date   Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:15:05 -0400

If the patient has survival time zero, then the patient contributes
zero (1 person * 0 days) to time at risk. Those patients will be
excluded from the survival analysis at the outset, when you -stset-
your data.
I agree with the comment to add a fraction of the day to the data,
although in some settings I found that the Cox regression coefficients
can change depending on how much you add (0.1 vs. 0.5 etc.) and how
many patients are affected.
AO