Re: st: Cox survival-patients who die at entry

Subject   Re: st: Cox survival-patients who die at entry
Date   Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:37:24 -0400

I assume you have dates in days:

. replace sdate = sdate + 0.5 if (died on day of enrollment)
. stset stdate

Use more exact fractions if you have them.

In some circumstances, a lot of ties can distort the analysis. If you have frequent ties for  days of early deaths, then perhaps you should ascertain approximate times of death for all patients with early deaths, not just those who died on day 1.

Steve
sjsamuels@gmail.com