Re: st: Stata Editor for Mac with Code Folding

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata Editor for Mac with Code Folding
Date   Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:46:24 -0500

On Apr 11, 2013, at 1:10 PM, June Bridge wrote:
> One question - I've noticed that TextMate doesn't seem to recognize all the different types of comments in stata - it gets comments that are enclosed in /* .. */  just fine, as well as lines that start with *, but it doesn't properly color comments that start with "//".

Please send me (privately) an example where line comments (i.e., starting with "//") don't work properly (or post it on the GitHub issue tracker).  I use line comments almost exclusively, and have not encountered a problem.

> Also, it thinks that any time there is an "*" that it's a comment, when sometimes it's just a multiplication sign (it should only be considered a comment if it's at the beginning of the line).

Again, please send me (or post on the issue tracker) an example so I can take a look.

> Is there a way to edit the Stata bundle so that it properly recognizes comments?

As described in the help, the Stata TextMate bundle is hosted on GitHub, so you can freely fork it and make whatever changes you desire.  If you believe your change should be included in the official version, please send a pull request.

-- Phil