Re: st: Stata Editor for Mac with Code Folding

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata Editor for Mac with Code Folding
Date   Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:20:23 -0400

On Apr 10, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Federico Belotti wrote:
> You can use Textmate. It allows code-folding and a number of other useful things.

I would strongly second that.  TextMate allows for manual-code folding -- at the moment, we haven't incorporated any automatic folding into the Stata/Mata mode (e.g., automatically-defined folding for if/then/else blocks, function and class defs, loops, etc.).  However, feel free to suggest enhancements (the more specific the suggestion is, the better) or pull requests!

-- Phil

P.S. You want to be using the TextMate 2.0 alpha version, available for download from http://macromates.com.  Although labeled "alpha", 2.0 is plenty stable for real work (I've been using it for ~6-8 hrs/day for the last year), and has considerably more features and polish than 1.5.  Most importantly, however, we no longer support the Stata bundle for 1.5.