Re: st: Stata Editor for Mac with Code Folding

From   Phil Schumm <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata Editor for Mac with Code Folding
Date   Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:20:23 -0400

On Apr 10, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Federico Belotti wrote:
> You can use Textmate. It allows code-folding and a number of other useful things.

I would strongly second that.  TextMate allows for manual-code folding -- at the moment, we haven't incorporated any automatic folding into the Stata/Mata mode (e.g., automatically-defined folding for if/then/else blocks, function and class defs, loops, etc.).  However, feel free to suggest enhancements (the more specific the suggestion is, the better) or pull requests!

-- Phil

P.S. You want to be using the TextMate 2.0 alpha version, available for download from  Although labeled "alpha", 2.0 is plenty stable for real work (I've been using it for ~6-8 hrs/day for the last year), and has considerably more features and polish than 1.5.  Most importantly, however, we no longer support the Stata bundle for 1.5.