RE: st: Exact Matching

From   "" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Exact Matching
Date   Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

check mahapick from SSC. Use the -matchon- option.
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

---Original Message---
Sent: 4/10/2013 8:58 am
Subject: st: Exact Matching

Dear Statalist members,

I am trying to run a coarsened exact matching to create comparable pair of individuals within my sample.
In summary, I need to match an employees that leaves a firm with another employees within the same firm on several characteristics. So, the treatment is leaving the firm or not (0 or 1).

I am trying to performe the matching in the following way:

cem firm_id(#0) experience(#5) salary(#5), treatment(leave)

I am trying to first coarse the matching only within the individuals that belong to the same firm (have the same firm_id). However, After the matching I observe that although most of the control group that was generated (matched) belongs to the same firm, some observations do not.

Would someone have a suggestion on how I could set the program to first perform an exact matching on firm_id and then match on the addition characteristics?

*   For searches and help try:
*   !