st: RE: Using value labels to create varlist

From   "David Radwin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Using value labels to create varlist
Date   Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

Yo Jack,

Try extended macro functions within a -foreach- loop, like:

foreach v of varlist * {
	if "`: value label `v''" == "LABBG" mvdecode `v', mv(5 6)
	if "`: value label `v''" == "LABA"  mvdecode `v', mv(3)

David Radwin
Senior Research Associate
MPR Associates, Inc.
2150 Shattuck Ave., Suite 800