Re: st: Purchasing Stata version update

Subject   Re: st: Purchasing Stata version update
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:24:13 +0100

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Bülent Köksal wrote:
> Exactly. Since there is a history of upgrade prices (and inflation I
> guess), I think it should be fairly straightforward to be able to
> determine and announce the price of the upgrade for next version.

Things like these tend to be easy for outsiders and those who don't
have to pay the consequences if unexpected things happen. So, you can
ask for it and think that it is easy, but my guess is that it is not
going to happen.

Nothing stops you from making such a prediction yourself and submit
that to your funding agency. But now you will have to pay the price
when you get it wrong, which, on a smaller scale, illustrates the
point I made above.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB