Re: st: Purchasing Stata version update

Subject   Re: st: Purchasing Stata version update
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:18:59 +0100

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Bülent Köksal wrote:
> When purchasing Stata, wouldn't it be nice to be able to purchase a
> version update also? Some software developers make this possible. So
> for example when I am buying Stata12, I will also have a chance to buy
> Stata13 upgrade at a discounted price.

This is already the practice at StataCorp. If you bought Stata 11, you
could upgrade to Stata 12 when it became available and this was
cheaper than buying Stata 12. Morover, if you bought Stata 10, you
could upgrade to Stata 11 when it became available, and than upgrade
to Stata 12 when it became available.

I would be surprised if this will change for Stata 13, but I have no
inside knowledge other than observing past patterns.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50