Re: st: types and codes of the non-linear models

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: types and codes of the non-linear models
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:09:33 +0000

Who's "we" here? (Simple question: no offence inferred or implied.)

I agree completely with Jay that models that don't converge, or don't
converge satisfactorily, are a frequent source of puzzlement on this
list, especially but not only to beginning users.

I really don't want to add to the Statalist FAQ any material under
such a heading. The focus of the Statalist FAQ is how to use
Statalist, and what you (may) need to know to understand Statalist.
Things that puzzle people about statistics or Stata do not belong.

Jay is probably not suggesting that. In terms of StataCorp's "own"
FAQs by far the quickest way to get an FAQ posted is to write it
yourself! A quick search (or indeed -search-) shows that many FAQs are
user-written.

Nick