Re: st: types and codes of the non-linear models

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: types and codes of the non-linear models
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:57:24 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Nick Cox <> wrote:
> There is unfortunately no point in trying to interpret the result of
> this fit. The intercept has exploded to 3.9 x 10^116 and no standard
> error can be calculated for it. Conversely, the coefficient has a
> suspiciously narrow c.i. of [.8763176,.8763978]. I'll wager that
> nothing in epidemiology is that certain, other than the probability
> that we all die sometime.

I think we might want to put something in the FAQ about divergent
models. Mind you it probably won't be read, but it might help.