st: How to display random effects levels after MI estimate?

From   Michael Chavez Reilly <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to display random effects levels after MI estimate?
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:21:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear Statalisters,

I am running an xtmixed random intercept model with three levels. Normally
when I want to look at the random intercept for a specific group, I can
display the random effects using the command- predict alpha1 alpha2,
reffects. But now I am running the same model on multiply imputed data using
mi estimate. The command mi predict using file..., Xb works to get the fixed
effects portion, but stata tells me that predicting the reffects after mi is
not an option. I'm guessing this has something to do with Rubins rule
calculating the random effects. But regardless, I am wondering if there is a
way to display the standard deviation for each group within each level. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Michael Chavez Reilly
Doctoral candidate
New York University