Re: st: How to test heterokedasticity for 120 periods

From   Roberto Liebscher <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to test heterokedasticity for 120 periods
Date   Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:57:49 +0100

Hi Xixi,

although I do not know exactly but why are you testing for heteroskedasticity for each period separately (Is it appropriate in your case to estimate your model for each period subsample seperately?) you could loop over the regressions using a command like this

forval i = num1/num2 {
quietly reg depvar indepvar if period == `i'
quietly estat hettest
display "Period " "`i'"
display `r(p)'
}

If you want to conduct an ANOVA for the period groups this link might be helpful:
http://www.stata.com/capabilities/anova-ancova/

Best,
Roberto

--
Roberto Liebscher
Catholic University of Eichstaett-Ingolstadt