Please respect requests in the FAQ (again) [was: Re: st: FW: Fixed effects]

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Please respect requests in the FAQ (again) [was: Re: st: FW: Fixed effects]
Date   Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:36:06 +0000

Mohamud and others tempted to post similarly using Greek characters
should look at

The Harvard archives show how such characters in your post will look
to many list members (not all, but I believe most).

In a word: unreadable.

The FAQ is plain on this point: you are asked to use plain text, not
any kind of formatting. Just because your mailer will let you do it,
it is not universally readable.

I raised this point only a matter of hours ago.

The FAQ also explains that incomplete references such as Greene (2008)
are deprecated on this list.