Re: st: Adjusted R-squared comparison

From   John Antonakis <>
Subject   Re: st: Adjusted R-squared comparison
Date   Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:37:27 +0100

I think that the only think you can do is to bootstrap the r-squares and see if their confidence intervals overlap.

To bootstrap you just do:

sysuse auto
bootstrap e(r2), seed(123) reps(1000) : reg price mpg weight

You will be interested in either:

      e(r2_w)             R-squared within model
      e(r2_o)             R-squared overall model
      e(r2_b)             R-squared between model

See help xtreg with respect to saved results.

Let's see if others have other ideas.

John Antonakis
Professor of Organizational Behavior
Director, Ph.D. Program in Management