Re: st: Database problem

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Database problem
Date   Sat, 8 Dec 2012 00:20:33 +0000

My experience is contrary to both your inclinations.

1. -reshape long- will make it easier to sort out date order, so you
need not worry about dates beforehand. (Besides when you say "merge",
you presumably don't mean -merge-, but something else.)

2. I see no loop being needed  here. As before, I envisage -rename-
and -reshape-.