st: Regarding Dates in String format

From   Michael Stewart <>
Subject   st: Regarding Dates in String format
Date   Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:07:42 -0500

Dear Stata List user

I have a problem with dates.My dates are in regular format(%td) like 23jun2010 .
I want to convert them to a string variable looking exactly like
"23jun2010" but as string variable.
As I  try to covert it into a string variable using tostring  command,
I get a number in string format (like 7326 ect ) but cant get the
exact format (like 23jun2010).
please help me

Thank you ,
Yours Sincerely,