Re: st: Regarding Dates in String format

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Regarding Dates in String format
Date   Wed, 28 Nov 2012 01:16:20 +0000

Use -string()- function with a format second argument. What is often
missed is that the format must be a numeric format (dates are included

. di string(mdy(6,23,2010), "%td")

gen <strdate> = string(<numdate>, "%td")

-tostring- is just a wrapper for the above. It is only a better idea
if you want to do this with several variables.