Re: st: Imputation using ML for a lognormal ordered income variable

Subject   Re: st: Imputation using ML for a lognormal ordered income variable
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:26:21 -0500

Tinna Asgeirsdottir  <[email protected]> :
Dagum or other distributions are probably to be preferred to the lognormal;
see -dagfit-, -smgfit-, -gbgfit- on SSC for estimation of parameters
using interval-censored data, then use those parameters to predict
mean, variance, etc.

>>> (http://www.jstor.org/stable/2291635) if you are not familiar with the