Re: st: Imputation using ML for a lognormal ordered income variable

From   Tinna Asgeirsdottir <>
Subject   Re: st: Imputation using ML for a lognormal ordered income variable
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:34:50 +0000

Thanks for the helpful reply Stas,

I don´t think the recommendation referred to interval regression or
multiple imputation. I think it referred to imputing the probable
average or median of each category, but without the obviously false
assumption of a uniform distribution within each category the midpoint
would suggest.

If I do a ML fit of a lognormal distribution using the lognfit command
I can get the parameters of the distribution. I guess I should be able
to work this out by hand from there, but figured that there might be
an easier way.