Re: st: svyset

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: svyset
Date   Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:20:52 -0500

> So, if the systematc procedure had worked with replacement, I could simply use:
> svyset psu_var [pw=hhweights_var], strata(strata1_var)

This would be arguably the most conservative approximation that would
give the largest standard errors.

> I don't need to create strata2.

Well, you can try and see if your standard errors change my much. They
should go down a little bit, may be by some 5-10%.

> I was wondering if I have to use the fpc. I know that it is neccesary
> to use it with systematic procedure. Now I am confused because the
> first stage is a combined procedure (PPS + systematic) and the second
> stage is a systematic procedure.

Systematic sampling basically cannot be cured. I don't see how adding
fpc to it would be justified.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)  ::
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI  ::  work email kolenikovs at
srbi dot com
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer