Re: st: svyset

Subject   Re: st: svyset
Date   Fri, 2 Nov 2012 21:15:14 -0400

We didn't answer Rebecca's original question about the number of PSUs:

"
>  I noticed that units = 191 instead of 200 (as
> in the survey report) in one file of the dataset and units = 209 in
> another file of the datset.
>
> Are these differences plausible or not?\

The discrepancies are disturbing. I can think of several reasons why the
file difference might occur, including a miscoding or renaming of PSU.
If you have access to the "other" file, you might check if the number of
respondents is the same. I'm not sure what you mean about "another file
of the dataset"; do you mean another "copy"? A file with different
variables? In any case, one way to solve this mystery is to write to the
study authors.

Steve