st: oligit interpretation

From   "Lynn Lee" <lynn09v@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: oligit interpretation
Date   Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:09:24 +0800

Dear all,

I am not sure how to interpret the marginal effect in ordered logit model.

For example, in a ologit model, the coefficient of age is -0.03, (z=-17.43),
the two threshold parameters are "/cut1=-1.4 ,  /cut2=0.95". I know that the
latent dependent variable is decreasing with age (indicated by coefficient),
but I do not know the exact marginal effect of age on dependent variable.
Like in logit model, the maximum value of density is .25, so, it is easy to
interpret the marginal effect of continuous regressor. But in ologit, there
are several threshold parameters, is it still possible to use maximum value
of density to interpret the marginal effect of continuous regressor?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee