Re: st: how to get age in number of years, months and days

From   jose maria pacheco de souza <jmpsouza@usp.br>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: how to get age in number of years, months and days
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:43:25 -0300

Em 18/10/2012 20:21, Nick Cox escreveu:
I am not aware that you are missing something. My guess is that this
is too awkward to be usable and too fiddly to be an amusing
programming problem.
In particular, it doesn't sound an easy thing to work with given that
months are of unequal length. Even years and days sounds a little
tricky.
Most people seem satisfied with the difference in dates divided by
365.25. I've often seen one-liners giving that.

Nick

is there any user writen program that presents the differences between two
dates DMY (today date and birthday date, say) as number of years, months and
days?

 Nick, thank you very much.
josé maria

--
Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza
Professor Titular (aposentado), Professor Senior