Re: st: Test for significance of the difference between knee locations?

From   Jordan Silberman <silberman.stata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Test for significance of the difference between knee locations?
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:26:56 -0400

According to one approach (from Dmitri Kaplan, described here:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/35094-knee-point/content/knee_pt.m),
the knee is the x value that minimizes the sum of the squared errors
of two linear regressions--one modeling all points left of the knee
and one modeling all points right of the knee. It's an estimate of the
point at which the slope "turns."