Re: st: Test for significance of the difference between knee locations?

From   "Roger B. Newson" <r.newson@imperial.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Test for significance of the difference between knee locations?
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:36:14 +0100

What is the "knee" of a quadratic model? I never knew that they had knees (although I might expect a 3-parameter linear spline to have a knee).

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics