Re: st: Multivariate kernel regression

Subject   Re: st: Multivariate kernel regression
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:31:34 -0400

Josh Hyman <hyman.josh@gmail.com>:
If you know the multivariate kernel you want to use, and the grid you
want to smooth over, it is straightforward to loop over the grid and
compute the regressions.  To program a general estimator for a wide
class of kernels would be substantially more work.  See e.g. -kdens-
on SSC and
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/m/mf_mm_kern
http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/k/kdens.pdf

A simple conic (triangle) kernel in 2 dimensions is easiest, see e.g.
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/tddens