st: concentrated likelihood function?

From   Sun Yutao <>
To   <>
Subject   st: concentrated likelihood function?
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:57:07 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Statalist and I’m just wondering if it's possible to program a concentrated likelihood function in stata.

The thing goes like this, you have a function say f(x,y) and you maximize that with respect to x first keeping y free, giving you x as a function of y, say x(y) and after that, you maximize f(x(y),y) with respect to y only.

I have been searching all over the internet but I haven’t got anything yet.

Thank you all!

Best regards,
Sun Yutao