Re: st: unrar - unzipfile

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: unrar - unzipfile
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:38:54 +0100

-unrar- is not, to my understanding, a DOS command strict sense, or
whatever Microsoft wants to call them these days.

It is a call to a program you may or may not have installed. So, that
kind of use depends on what extras you have.

Also, the usefulness of that kind of call depends on setting the path.

On the rest, a Google turns up various places including

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MS-DOS_commands

Looking at that kind of list, I see many I used to know and use, and
many I probably never knew about. I still occasionally go the Command
Prompt and issue -dir- -find- or -xcopy-.

Nick