Re: st: Marginal Effects: CLogit

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Marginal Effects: CLogit
Date   Sat, 6 Oct 2012 18:09:38 +0100

The help for -margins- starts off

margins [marginlist] [if] [in] [weight] [, response_options options]

    where marginlist is a list of factor variables or interactions that
    appear in the current estimation results.

That means what it says: so, you are asking something -margins- can't
do it if you offer up continuous variables _as if_ they were factor
variables. That just won't work.

The real questions are thus exactly what you want out of -margins-;
whether that makes sense, and how else to get it, on which others can
advise better than I can.