st: gllasim / M_nresp not found

From   Volker Lang <>
Subject   st: gllasim / M_nresp not found
Date   Sat, 06 Oct 2012 19:24:45 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I stored the results of a gllamm estimation in a ster-file.
Now I'm trying to simulate the responses based on this estimation using another sample and the following syntax (which results in the following error):

estimates use ologit_re_edu_nr.ster
gllasim edu, y fsample
(simulated responses will be stored in edu)
M_nresp not found

I couldn't solve the problem using the gllamm-manual or the FAQ-list. I guess some necessary information (M_nresp) for the simulation is missing. Thanks for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Best regards
Volker Lang
University of Tuebingen
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Sociology