Re: FW: st: ANOVA for quartiles

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: FW: st: ANOVA for quartiles
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:03:02 -0400

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Vasan Kandaswamy
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Thank you Jay,
>
> I tried the two way model, but it appears that I get a overall P value, but do not get a p value individually for male and female (anova myoutcomevar gender bmi_quartiles). Could you please suggest how I could obtain the p values for each gender.

The examples in the help file are really nice. I suggest reading them.
I just ran:

     webuse systolic
     anova systolic drug##disease

and got quite complete output, including a broken out ANOVA table.

I'd also make sure to read the PDF documentation for many more worked
examples. Stata documentation is excellent. Procedure for procedure
it's on par with SAS documentation IMO, but much better organized.

--

JVVerkuilen, PhD
[email protected]

"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world
is too full to talk about." ---Rumi