Re: st: run stata in a batch mode using do file

From   Brendan Halpin <>
Subject   Re: st: run stata in a batch mode using do file
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:40:43 +0100

On Wed, Sep 19 2012, tashi lama wrote:

> In Shell
> $ stata -b try ", firm(93619)"    //yields try.log
> Stata and Shell both are happy. I hope there aren't any catches.

That's an interesting way to do it. If it works for you, it works. The
only misgiving I would have is that it is probably more flexible and
efficient (in terms of coding effort) in general to do the general
set-up in Stata code in a do-file, while reserving "programs" for core

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology