Re: st: run stata in a batch mode using do file

From   Brendan Halpin <>
Subject   Re: st: run stata in a batch mode using do file
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:16:13 +0100

On Wed, Sep 19 2012, tashi lama wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why is it that stata can't run ado file directly in a
> batch mode? It is very inconvenient for someone like me who prefer to
> write adofile than a do file because it is faster and better in
> design(arguments arent positional).

An ado-file simply defines and makes available a command. It doesn't
"do" anything, in the sense of carrying out actions on data or creating

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology