Re: st: Tips on working with multiple waves RAND HRS

Subject   Re: st: Tips on working with multiple waves RAND HRS
Date   Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:30:23 +0200

--- From: dasneijder@gmail.com

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM, meenakshi beri wrote:
> What I had done while working with  RAND HRS dataset was this:  I had created a new variable rincome in which I had stacked income (r1income,r2income,r3income,.....) from all waves by hhidpn (ID variable) and wave. n working with multiple waves RAND HRS

If you want to go that route, than it is probably easier to work with
your data in long format. To move from wide to long format you can use
-reshape-, see -help reshape-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB