RE: st: Tips on working with multiple waves RAND HRS

From   meenakshi beri <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Tips on working with multiple waves RAND HRS
Date   Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:03:48 -0400

Dear  D. Sneijder,

What I had done while working with  RAND HRS dataset was this:  I had created a new variable rincome in which I had stacked income (r1income,r2income,r3income,.....) from all waves by hhidpn (ID variable) and wave. However, there might be a more efficient way to do that which I am not aware of.
Then you can calculate the mean of rincome.

Regards,
Meenakshi

Meenakshi Beri
Department of Economics
Central Michigan University
[email protected]

"Let yourself be driven forward by your highest dreams. Feel the fears and learn from them, but don’t let yourself be held back by them."
"It is not success that brings happiness. It is happiness that brings success."
— Ralph Marston